Friday, May 23, 2014

soft and serene







Hello there I have a handmade silk pincushion to share today.   It is actually a sachet as well because I added a bit of vanilla essential oil inside.   I started with a basic square that I sewed up and stuffed...I embellished the base with a vintage doily.  From here I wrapped it with vintage laces along with May arts fleur de lis ribbon and White seam binding for softness.  I added a gorgeous vintage cameo brooch to the middle of the ribbons.   Added a few homemade stick pins and images and roses from Riddersholm Designs.   Practical and pretty!   enjoy, cherry

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Cherry! SO beautifully feminine and sweet! I love all your gorgeous creations and this is no exception...TFS :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Cherry, this is such a jewel! I love your combination of ribbons, laces and fabrics. It's just precious! Love your work, girl! Just love it!

Michele Kovack said...

This is so beautiful!!!

Stella said...

Cherry I love love love your sutble, chic and elegant style. Your pincushion is a gem; love all the subtle details and your use of lace. A keepsake:)

You asked me about the recipe for the cake. I made it and used what they call a bicuit mix here in Holland. Maybe you can make it with self raising flour and add a bit of vanilla sugar. I filled it with whipped cream and bavarois. The bavarois is a mix; just added a bit of water and mixed it with cream. If this is available in the USA and you know what I mean let me know. I can mail you the recipe!
XX

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!