Saturday, May 3, 2014

altered wood blocks

















Well how are you today?   We are knee deep in laying flooring...house is in shambles but I popped in to share a couple of altered wood blocks I created using RRR ribbons.  I cut them from scrap, painted, and aged them up.   I than covered edges with papers and white wide crochet lace and May arts burlap ribbon with center stitch in green.   Other ribbons include seam bindings in baby pink and green.   From there it was all about adding fun little touches...the first is a gardening theme.....all in greens and stamps from PTI...the other all about home.    I used snippets of vintage laces, a bingo card, and wood knobs as well to add unique touches.  Lots of flowers and buttons were used as well.  I think these would make great Mother's day gifts.....creating your own theme.   Hope you enjoy!   Thanks for letting me share!   Cherry

7 comments:

Marci said...

Beautiful, as your work always is. Where did you find the little watering can? I love that one!

robinann17 said...

I love your little block designs! They are so sweet and remind me of Spring! Darling!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty projects today Cherry! Love the little dressed up watering can!

Sharon Wheet said...

Cherry,
I love your altered wood blocks! They are so gorgeous! and I love all the little details. {smile}. And yes, they would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift.
thank you for the inspiration!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my word...these are amazing. The little watering can...swoon!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

These are absolutely DARLING. Love your blog and the things you make. I lost your blog for awhile! Was not receiving your posts (or many others) and found out Feedburner is not working anymore. I notice your feed signup is still using feedburner. I've changed to Bloglovin and will follow your blog using Bloglovin. Your followers may not be receiving your posts! I wasn't! Marilyn (from LaPine).

NJGardenGirl said...

I love the seed packet stamp and the half watering can. Please, please, PLEASE can you tell us where we can find these? Thanks so much Cherry!